Top 10 Reasons to Become a Pediatric Radiologist
- Referring pediatricians and pediatric specialists are remarkably well-adjusted and easy to work with. They can get along with children – you’ll fit right in!
- To your colleagues you are a respected member of the team; to the parents, you are a hero.
- Most kids get better and helping them feels great! The impact of what you do each day matters for a lifetime.
- You get to work in a colorful, upbeat environment.
- Generalize or subspecialize in pediatric neuroradiology, interventional, cardiac, musculoskeletal or nuclear medicine.
- The Society for Pediatric Radiology is a strong community with great meetings in exciting locations (such as Miami, Montreal, Tucson, Paris) offering multiple opportunities for CME/SAM credits, networking, and fun. You can also participate in the jSPR – a sub-organization offering mentoring, lectures, and social events exclusively for pediatric radiology fellows and junior attendings
- Flexibility: With a fellowship in pediatric radiology you can go into academics or a private practice.
- Portability: There are a tremendous number of pediatric radiology jobs available; take your pick of practice type and location.
- Your pediatric radiology colleagues tend to be smart, friendly, and easy to work with.
- Never boring! You are in a specialized field yet maintain your skills in multiple cutting-edge modalities including US, CT, MR and Nuclear Medicine.
Fellowships in Michigan and the Midwest:
University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital
Peter Strouse, MD
C. S. Mott Children’s Hospital
1540 E. Medical Center Drive, 3-220
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-4252
Eric J. Crotty, MD
Fellowship Program Director
Northwestern’s Lurie Children’s
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
Department of Medical Imaging
225 East Chicago Ave., Box 9
Chicago, IL 60611
Jared R. Green, MD,
Ohio State University Nationwide Children’s Hospital
Stephen M. Druhan, MD
Search for more pediatric fellowships
Cranial ultrasound anatomy
Pediatric bowel obstruction
Pediatric chest radiography
Pediatric abdominal emergencies
Pediatric congenital heart disease
For more information